Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Great Ottawa Senators Decorating Adventure: Part 1

Well, I think spring is finally here and that means painting time! I've been dreaming of redoing my son's bedroom the whole winter, and now the warmer weather is here, it's time to get started!

Here's a picture of his bedroom now. It's actually quite cheery, and it's worked well for us because I kept the wall colour that was there before he was born, and just added stuff to brighten the room until it was redecorated for him. But, now he's really a little boy, and it's time for a fabulous change reflecting his personality and the things he loves.



So, with no further ado, here are the colours I've chosen for him, and some marvellously complementary fabric for the roman shade and accent pillows. Yes, it is most definitely bright, and, yes, I can hear my college instructors saying, "Jen, red does not go in a bedroom." But, what's a girl to do when your son is a hockey fanatic and lives and breathes for the Ottawa Senators ... !! The answer's pretty simple actually, and we're all having a lot of fun pulling it together. I'll keep you posted on developments, so stay tuned for the next installment of The Great Ottawa Senators Decorating Adventure. Have a fabulous week!



3 comments:

Neutral Dwelling said...

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Jennifer said...

Thanks, ND! Me too!

Tara said...

I cannot wait to see what you do-take us step by step!